Friday, February 25, 2011

Feb Macs!


Phewhhh!! After about an hour trying, I finally managed to get signed into blogger.com! Amost given up but managed to type this just in time for February's Mac Attack.


I don't celebrate Valentine's Day but February is a momentous month for me as I did get engaged on 14 February, 14 years ago; my second daughter was born on the 3rd; and a life-changing event also happened on 21 February, four years ago. It is a special month indeed.

So here are my macs! I experimented with color this time - lots of red and they turned out to be reddish pink! I wanted a deep red macarons but was afraid too much coloring (I only have liquid) would water down my meringue.

The filling is my favorite of all time - coconut cream, made of white chocolate ganache and dessicated coconut. The cream coloured filling was added with red tint (my daughter insisted!) - they don't provide a nice contrast between shells and filling, but they will do!

6 comments:

  1. Wow these are gorgeous. Love the pearls in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful macarons. My daughter would have insisted on extreme pinkness too :) They look very perfect for the Feb theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely stunningly perfect macs and truly romantic. It is a wonder not that you don't celebrate V Day even though you got engaged on V Day! How romantic! And coconut cream filling? I've been dreaming of that. Too delicious. Glad you baked along with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! And the pearls are such a nice touch.
    Happy February (since it's a special month for you)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a sucker for pearls--and macarons! Such a picture-perfect post, too. February is your special month. Celebrate with love and macs!

    ReplyDelete