Friday, May 10, 2013

Milk and Milo agar-agar


If there is one dessert my girls can eat every single day, I think it would be this. I love this too, it's a simple dessert I grew up with. Cool and sweet, it is the perfect pencuci mulut at kenduri or family gatherings.

It is really simple to make too, and requires minimal ingredients.

Here's my recipe for this:

Milk and Milo Agar-Agar

I packet of string agar-agar (the traditional type)
5 cups of water
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 can of evaporated milk
1 egg yolk (optional)

Method:

Place water in a heavy-bottomed pan, as soon as it is boiling, place agar-agar and water and let boil until agar-agar dissolves. Add evaporated milk and let boil. While the mixture is boiling, whisk the yolk in a small owl and add 1/2 cup of the mixture and whisk rapidly until mixed well. Pour the yolk mixture into the rest of the mixture and boil again until the mixture becomes a thick liquid. Remove from heat.

Pour the entire mixture into a dish or cake/bundt pan through a strainer, leaving 1/3 of a cup behind. In a small bowl, mix the 1/3 cup of mixture with 3-4 tablespoons of Milo. Pour into the mixture through a dish (the Milo mixture will sink). Let cool and chill in the refrigerator.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. This agar-agar is perfect for the current hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love visiting your blog! My source for recipes and inspiration too :) yep, these agar-agar is perfect for the hot weather now!

      Delete